July is my birthday month and the fact that i’m going to be 24 has led to me thinking about my life and what i want to achieve (better late than never, i know). One of the goals i featured in my July Goals post is to practice self-care once a day. This being said i wasn’t very sure what constituted self-care so i’ve devised a list of 10 things you can do to practice self-care; some easier than others.
- Self development books/podcasts/blog posts/videos.
This is the most important tip, to me at least, because i feel like the best way to take time for myself and care for myself is to better myself where i can. I’ve been reading “You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero and listening to the Tony Robbins, Dave Ramsey and Gretchen Rubin podcasts as well. Collectively i’m learning to manage my money, improve my life overall and also to become happier.
- Spa night.
I’m talking the full works here: face mask, hair mask, candles, bath, wine, painting nails etc. Anything you can do that feels luxurious and that you know will benefit you, even if it’s just short term. It’s important to pamper yourself when you can and it can increase your confidence which is never a bad thing!
- Take a nap.
This one especially applies if you are constantly busy during the week trying to juggle a number of commitments and a demanding job. At the moment i feel like i could do with more sleep most of the time. 6-8 hours are advisable
Happy 3rd July to all of my friends. I have decided to document my goals as I have been reading and researching productivity and how to make the most of my time. One of the main things I have learnt is to tell someone as it helps you stay accountable. So; this is me telling you guys. This is actually the first month I’ve ever had goals so I will report back at the end of this month and then report on the next month’s goals as well.
- Lose 10lbs. So, like most people my age I am currently trying to lose weight and get healthier. Those of you who know me, know that I eat very unhealthily normally so I’m trying to change that! The plan is to lose 10lbs. I will be going to the gym more, trying to eat out less and also walking wherever possible. If you have a Fitbit we should be friends!
- Read/finish 1 book. Alongside trying to become healthier physically I am trying to improve myself mentally as well. Read/finish 1 book is a goal for me at the moment because I have so many books I want to read but also I have a terrible habit of not finishing books. Find out what I’m reading on GoodReads here.
- Go to the Gym 14 times. I have found that the idea of going certain times a week is harder to achieve because some weeks I am busier than others. It also means if I get behind then I can binge go to the gym. My new boyfriend is also a gym/fitness enthusiast so that definitely helps! 🙂
- Practice self-care once a day. I have recently found out that my employer does a year’s free subscription to HeadSpace; a meditation app. I am trying to practice self-care once a day because that is the first thing I neglect when I’m stressed. I am aiming to at least do a meditation session a day.
- Blog once a week. This one is very self-explanatory. I have been meaning to blog regularly for years and finally feel like I know what I want to blog about. I’m going to focus on music, minimalism and self-development. So far I am keeping up with the once a month blogging thing. I’m so proud. 😉
Do you have goals for the month of July or longer term goals? If you do then let me know!
Lets connect here:
You’re right. I’m not entirely sure why I went with this name. I’m also not sure why I went with an asymmetrical logo but I think it’s pretty cool.
This is just a quick post to say hello. I was using the KBBlog and then the domain got too expensive and expired. Therefore I took that as a sign from the universe that things need to change!
The plan is to post about planning, organisation, general lifestyle and music as well. Maybe some games thrown in for good measure as well.
I’m Kayleigh or KB :), I’m 23 and currently working full time as a customer rep at a large company. I enjoy video games, singing, playing the guitar, reading and binge watching Netflix.
We can have a chat here:
and at email@example.com.
Speak very soon 😉