So, I thought it would make sense to do my August goals but also to update you guys on how my July goals went. July was my birthday month and I had so much fun exploring and doing what I wanted to. Not saying that that is an excuse…
July 2017 Goal Report
1. Lose 10lbs – Weight loss is something I’m really struggling with at the moment and my weekend away in Cambridge meant I ate terribly. I only lost 2lbs but with the way I was eating and treating my body, I’m surprised I lost anything.
2. Read/ finish 1 book – Technically I have been reading a book but haven’t finished it yet. I got “The Million Dollar Blog” by Natasha Courtenay-Smith. It’s really interesting and I’m learning a lot about blogging as I go along. Expect a book review on this one really soon!
3. Go to the gym 14 times – This one I actually did the opposite of… I actually cancelled my gym membership. I’m currently looking to move away from my home town in the next few weeks and gyms in the city are more affordable. I’ve been going for runs outside and will be trying yoga this week.
4. Practice self-care once a day – If you recall I actually wrote a post on self-care and actually managed to do one thing from the list every day which I am proud of. I can see a change in myself because I am a lot more relaxed and my Fitbit that I got for my birthday has shown my average heart rate is slightly lower.
5. Blog once a week – YEP! Nailed it! I am so proud I’ve managed to do a post a week, even if it has been a bit hectic at times. I’ve also managed to grow the Instagram and Twitter following for the blog as well and met some lovely blogger ladies.
August 2017 Goals
1. Meditate – This links closely to last month as I was practising self-care regularly. I’ve found that meditation helps me to relax which is important as I’m a worrier and stress out quite easily.
2. Lose 10lbs – So I hopped on the scales this morning and had an unfortunate shock. I’ve actually put on weight since updating the top of this post. I’m going to start using MyFitnessPal to track all of my calories in and out. It’s quite awesome because it syncs to my Fitbit and any extra steps I do will be added to my calorie allowance!
3. Plan next trip – I’m one of those few people that have yet to leave the UK. I really don’t travel very far at all if I’m honest. Last weekend I stayed in Cambridge for a long weekend for my birthday and it was so amazing. This has made me want to go somewhere else new. I have a passport so it’s just a case of booking the trip and saving up! I’m thinking about going to Spain or somewhere hot 🙂
4. Workout – Last month I said go to the gym 14 times but I think leaving it more open ended may be more helpful. I’m going to try and go for a run every other day and practice yoga as well.
5. Research the benefits of minimalism – I’ve been looking into minimalism and am unashamedly addicted to declutter videos on YouTube. I’ve heard a lot about the benefits of minimalism and I’m currently in a small room that is way too overcrowded. I need to actually get rid of a lot as 70% of it I don’t know I have or don’t use. Does anyone have any suggestions for where to start?
What are your goals this month?
Let’s chat about it in the links below: