Summer Bucket List
Alright, so it’s been summer for a while here in England and I totally get that. That’s why I’ve called it my 3-month bucket list. Hopefully, I want to cross most of these things off the list before October!
- Picnic in the woods.
If you have read my self-care post you will know that I have a thing for nature and the outdoors at the moment. I think this has something to do with being stuck inside 9-5 during the week. There’s nothing more adorable and romantic to me at the moment than the idea of taking a picnic and finding a beautiful place to enjoy it. Ideally, I want to go somewhere I haven’t been before by a lake if possible.
- Beach at night.
This one has been something I’ve wanted to do for a while. Technically I’ve been at the beach at night with my dad when he went fishing. This time I want to see the sunset from the beach and just lay on a blanket and stare at the stars with the relaxing sounds of the waves.
- Theme Park.
Theres something about a theme park that screams summer to me. Coincidentally my manager recently mentioned going to the beach near me that has a theme park at one end. Maybe i can watch the sunset too and kill two birds with one stone.
- Outside Cinema.
This is the something that i have seen and heard a lot of American YouTubers and programmes talking about (Riverdale). It isn’t, however something i’ve heard about here in England until recently. It seems to be a phase in this country at the moment but i can totally see why. The only issue being our beautiful weather…
- Go somewhere new.
This is an overarching theme at the moment since i recently got my first passport and have never in my life left the country. Terrible i know. At the moment this relates more to within the UK and we’ll leave the overseas travelling for when i have more time and money.
This is part one of my Summer Bucket List. Expect photographic evidence of all of the above. Do any of you have a bucket list or think i’ve missed something crucial?
Lets connect here:
July is my birthday month and the fact that i’m going to be 24 has led to me thinking about my life and what i want to achieve (better late than never, i know). One of the goals i featured in my July Goals post is to practice self-care once a day. This being said i wasn’t very sure what constituted self-care so i’ve devised a list of 10 things you can do to practice self-care; some easier than others.
- Self development books/podcasts/blog posts/videos.
This is the most important tip, to me at least, because i feel like the best way to take time for myself and care for myself is to better myself where i can. I’ve been reading “You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero and listening to the Tony Robbins, Dave Ramsey and Gretchen Rubin podcasts as well. Collectively i’m learning to manage my money, improve my life overall and also to become happier.
- Spa night.
I’m talking the full works here: face mask, hair mask, candles, bath, wine, painting nails etc. Anything you can do that feels luxurious and that you know will benefit you, even if it’s just short term. It’s important to pamper yourself when you can and it can increase your confidence which is never a bad thing!
- Take a nap.
This one especially applies if you are constantly busy during the week trying to juggle a number of commitments and a demanding job. At the moment i feel like i could do with more sleep most of the time. 6-8 hours are advisable
Happy 3rd July to all of my friends. I have decided to document my goals as I have been reading and researching productivity and how to make the most of my time. One of the main things I have learnt is to tell someone as it helps you stay accountable. So; this is me telling you guys. This is actually the first month I’ve ever had goals so I will report back at the end of this month and then report on the next month’s goals as well.
- Lose 10lbs. So, like most people my age I am currently trying to lose weight and get healthier. Those of you who know me, know that I eat very unhealthily normally so I’m trying to change that! The plan is to lose 10lbs. I will be going to the gym more, trying to eat out less and also walking wherever possible. If you have a Fitbit we should be friends!
- Read/finish 1 book. Alongside trying to become healthier physically I am trying to improve myself mentally as well. Read/finish 1 book is a goal for me at the moment because I have so many books I want to read but also I have a terrible habit of not finishing books. Find out what I’m reading on GoodReads here.
- Go to the Gym 14 times. I have found that the idea of going certain times a week is harder to achieve because some weeks I am busier than others. It also means if I get behind then I can binge go to the gym. My new boyfriend is also a gym/fitness enthusiast so that definitely helps! 🙂
- Practice self-care once a day. I have recently found out that my employer does a year’s free subscription to HeadSpace; a meditation app. I am trying to practice self-care once a day because that is the first thing I neglect when I’m stressed. I am aiming to at least do a meditation session a day.
- Blog once a week. This one is very self-explanatory. I have been meaning to blog regularly for years and finally feel like I know what I want to blog about. I’m going to focus on music, minimalism and self-development. So far I am keeping up with the once a month blogging thing. I’m so proud. 😉
Do you have goals for the month of July or longer term goals? If you do then let me know!
Lets connect here: