It’s about time for some goals I think! As per last months post that you can find here, I’m going to do a review of how I got on with last months goals and then get into this month’s goals.
August 2017 Goals
1. Meditate – This is something that I did a few times but didn’t really see much benefit. I was just too distracted to fully engage with it which I think says I need to meditate more than ever. This month I’m going to make more of an effort to practice it regularly and see if I can’t calm down a little.
2. Lose 10lbs – As you will quickly be learning I struggle a lot with my weight and have done so again this month. I spent the majority of this month in tremendous pain so this really was the last of my worries, unfortunately. I’m finally feeling a lot better so will be back on this one this month!
3. Plan next trip – I’m technically still in the middle of this one and am writing a few posts on places I want to visit and as I write the post I am researching where to stay, costs etc. 2 birds with 1 stone you see.
4. Workout – Unfortunately as I mentioned earlier I have been struggling so much with my health this month that working out hasn’t really been an option. I plan to tweak this goal for this month to try and make it more manageable.
5. Research the benefits of minimalism – This is the only goal I feel I’ve fully achieved in August :(. I’ve watched a lot of videos and read blog posts on the topic and am now in the market for a few books I can read that will expand my working knowledge of minimalism. It seems to be something people interpret very differently.
September 2017 Goals
1. Yoga/ meditate 3 times a week or more – 3rd time lucky right? I’ve had this on my 2 previous goals in some form or another. Last month I decided not to quantify the goal but have learnt then I trick myself into thinking once means I’ve done it if I just say “practice meditation”. Technically practising it once is practising though, right?
I want to try and either meditate or practice yoga
a few 3 times a week because I found yoga really helped me before and I seriously need to stop stressing over unnecessary things and focus.
2. Drink 2+ litres of water a day – I mentioned in the recap that I had struggled a lot with my health last month and this was due to recurrent kidney issues. I’m actually writing a post at the moment talking all about it but it’s really difficult.
I never used to drink any water/ squash and would drink a can of something carbonated and that would be it for the WHOLE DAY. I know, it’s ridiculously unhealthy and childish to think it wouldn’t catch up with me. I know I should be doing it but don’t. Therefore I want to drink at least 2 litres a day to try and prevent further health issues.
3. Grow my blog further – This one I’m excited about! I have managed to almost double the amount of views in August compared to July and have a huge ambition to try and do the same this month! I also want to learn about Pinterest and how to properly use it to bring in more viewers. I do have specific social media and blog targets but those are very personal so I may share these if I hit them in next months report!
4. Pursue a hobby – I half-markedly (that’s a word right? ;]) have a lot of hobbies that I do when the mood takes me but I want to get serious about at least 1. I’m sort of already on track with this one because on Tuesday I have my first rehearsal session booked in with a local acapella group – I’m so excited. I also want to work more on my guitar skills and try and do an open mic night next month.
5. Learn something new – When I was in university I was totally done with learning and had had enough by the time my course was over. Ironically now I want to learn about a topic or something in particular and have no idea where to start. I kind of miss the research aspect and testing my theories as sad as that sounds. I’ve checked out eDX and have enrolled on a free course on productivity to test the waters before I actually pay for a course. I’ve also been re-learning German through an app on my phone.
6. Get my s**t together – I know, could I be vaguer if I tried? Probably not. I want to focus on using my bullet journal more and also logging all of my achievements. I get so caught up in what I haven’t done and really don’t focus on the small wins that I’ve had this month. I’ve decided to log these in my planner so I can see that the day has been better than I thought.
How has your month been?
We can carry on the conversation here: